Rug Cleaning Process
Ayoub Carpet Service utilizes 4 advanced methods of area rug cleaning – View a detailed description of the recognized standard methods of rug cleaning. Method selected depends on the type of rug, construction and soiling.
Example of Rug Restoration Process at our state-of-the-art facility in Chantilly, Virginia.
These Oriental rugs came to our plant with heavy soot and water damage. Our challenge was to remove the soot and repair the water damage without causing adverse effects to the rug and restore it to its pre-loss condition. The rugs underwent our scrupulous rug cleaning and repair process, which is illustrated below.
1. The first step to rug restoration is pre-inspecting the rug and noting areas of concern, such as spots, stains and odor. After the rug has been assessed, our skilled technicians remove any loose dust, dirt and debris.
2. Next, the fibers of the rug are pre-conditioned and agitated to loosen embedded soils and soot.
3. The odor causing elements in the rug are encapsulated to be extracted.
4. The rug is then carefully hand-washed multiple times in our wash pit and placed through our high-volume water extractor.
5. After a thorough hand-washing, the rug is dried in a state-of-the-art climate controlled drying room.
6. After completely drying, the rug is carefully inspected for repairs by our expert technicians. The fringes are also brushed out and untangled for a nice, clean finish. If the fringes are damaged, they may be repaired or completely replace, with permission from the rug’s owner.
7. After repairs are assessed, the rug receives a final inspection and manicure before they are rolled up and returned to the rug’s owner.
Our team of professionals at Ayoub Carpet Service has many years of experience with the most difficult of challenges when it comes to restoring a rug, including: water damage, pet damage, fire and soot damage. We strive to make it look new again!